Sunday, February 1, 2009

Praise the Lord and pass the Nyquil!

Only 3 letters can explain the way I feel today.. YUK! I think we have all caught some sort of bug, and while I won't go into detail, makes ya feel like poo... I took some Nyquil before bed last night.. and while I'm pretty aware that it does NOTHING for viruses, it sure does make you sleep good! I was sleeping like a ROCK, then 6am hit... knowing I didn't have to take the kids to school, I wanted to sleep in.. but nope... Right at the butt crack of dawn, the kids were awake and in FULL swing.. I just wanted to roll over and go back to sleep but then, Keith said "we might as well get up, we have to go grocery shopping today".. I SO did not want to hear those words!!

I finally dragged myself out of bed, washed my face, brushed my teeth... you know the usual morning ritual.. then I got myself dressed and out the door we went... Headed to Wal-Mart.. but you know.. one thing I've learned is, when you live in a SMALL town that the closest Wal-Mart is 2 hours away, you learn to appreciate going there when its only a 20 min. drive.. We made our list before going.. just to get a week's worth of groceries.. thats IT.. but WHY is it, when you walk thru the doors, any list you have made seems to disappear and you end up with tons of stuff you didn't know you needed until you saw it right at that moment?? If I were a rich girl, our economy would NOT be suffering.. I'll tell you that much!! Funny enough to me.. the ONLY aisle I did NOT visit was the medicine aisle.. Imagine that!


I am off to clean up after supper and take my dose of what little Nyquil I have...Untill next time, may you all be germ free!!

No comments:

Post a Comment