Monday, January 26, 2009

So, welcome home to you too!!

We FINALLY got moved into the new place..LOVE IT.. we arrived on Saturday, around noon.. Got all the stuff unloaded and into the new house.. Then......................the snow started! It snowed and it snowed.. and today is Monday and it's STILL snowing! We have about 8-10" of snow on the ground and expecting another 2 by the time this system moves the heck outta Wyoming! As I stick my tongue out in disgust at all the snow.. I think.. well welcome home to you too!! (coating that with sarcasm!) Not my favorite thing..

We spent the rest of the day Saturday unpacking and most of Sunday.. It's my favorite part of the move because you have this whole new bare house staring you in your face just waiting to be decorated the way I want to decorate it!

The kids love it here.. I just went this morning and registered Levi at his new Elementary school.. I was expecting him to start tomorrow (Tuesday) but halfway through me filling out the MOUNDS of paperwork, the school secretary took him to see his new class... That was all she wrote.. He wanted to stay. We went in and met his new teacher.. LOVE her so far, she was SO nice and soft spoken.. Just a pleasant person in general.. I think he will do well here at this school..I hope so.. considering the "monster" he had for a teacher at his last school.. Who is at this very moment, still under investigation because she spanked a kid in his class! BIG no-no!
Kaitlyn on the other hand, I wanted her to stay at home with me until Kindergarten, but she wants to go to school here too.. She has been in an academic Preschool since she was 3, they were WONDERFUL with her.. She knows more stuff already, than I ever did at her age back in the day and she isn't even IN kindergarten yet... She went with us this morning to register Levi, and fell in LOVE with the school.. She even asked me if I could get her a library card so she could go into the library! She will enter Kindergarten in August here and she couldn't be more excited!

So that is all that is going on here at the present moment.. As I get settled in a little more, I will be back to update! Until then.. ALOOOOOOHA!

1 comment:

  1. It's awesome that you got stuff in BEFORE the snow started lol! When we moved into our home, I was pregnant with my second child, stopping to vomit now and again, and it rained like CRAZY LOL!! That was rough, considering our new home had white carpet (whoever did that wasn't all that bright lol!) The good news? I tore up the carpet a couple years later and found beautiful hardwood floors...but I digress. I'm glad your son likes his new school. That is SO important! Good luck in your new home, and allow me to leave you with this blessing:
    May love and laughter light your days,
    and warm your heart and home.
    May good and faithful friends be yours,
    wherever you may roam.
    May peace and plenty bless your world
    with joy that long endures.
    May all life's passing seasons
    bring the best to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete