Thursday, January 22, 2009

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!!

I am ALMOST finished packing! WHEW.. These last few days have been horrible.. Especially packing up the kids' rooms.. I feared for my LIFE in there! I am hoping to not have to move for a while after this one.. at least for another year... But I know that if I do, I have my man at my side and that's all I ever need!

You know, I realized something today.. well not just today, but it was so CLEAR to me today, I am still in love with Keith as much, if not MORE than the day we were married 15 years ago.. I have a dear (bestest) friend who is going through some troubles right now and my heart TOTALLY aches for her.. I wish I could do more to help her, but I can't.. other than to be there for her and listen to her when she needs to talk or cry or whatever she needs.. It almost makes me feel selfish to feel truly blessed to have Keith in my life, seeing what she is going through right now... I can't help it.. He is THE best thing that has EVER happened to me.. I have NO worries when I am with him...He is my EVERYTHING.... I just only hope that she can find someone who makes her as happy as I am.. I pray that for her!

Okay.. so enuff with the mushy stuff.. I have been getting homesick lately.. like REALLY homesick...It almost physically hurts.. Maybe it's just that I long to go back to being younger.. (don't we all?) Or maybe it is my instincts kicking in that I am needed there more than here right at the moment... I don't know...All I know is, I can almost smell the salt air.. and hear the seagulls while I watch the palm trees sway in the breeze.. We are aiming to go home this summer to spend a week at the beach.. How NICE that will be.. I'm hoping it happens for us this time... To me, the beach is almost "theraputic"...And I sooooooooo NEED that right now... It just seems you can think more clearly, see things you never saw before... The last beach we were at was in Alaska when we lived there.. If you wanted to call it a "beach".. Yes it was on the Pacific ocean..only where the sand was supposed to be, was nothing but slimy, cold rocks... and the water was FREEEEEZING... but one thing I've realized with all the traveling I've done the past 15 years... of all the places we have been... There are NO OTHER beaches like Florida beaches! I cannot wait to walk on one again! And with that, I'm going to finish packing my kitchen while I pretend to feel the sunshine on my skin!!

Until next time, have fun in the sun!!!!

3 comments:

  1. I Love you my mushie friend. You have something solid. I dont have envy. I have admiration. =) Nothing like a prime example of what it is really s'posed to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and the packing.. right.. i STILL dont know how you do it.. My arms and back hurt just hearing about it !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can only hope that your friend does find someone that makes her happy *wink* I do pay attention sometimes.

    ReplyDelete